http://validator.w3.org can be used to validate a website (for web standards compliance).
Why having valid pages?
- to make your pages readable by all browsers (and not only this or this one). Why would you like to let 20% readers down?
- to make your pages readable by people with disabilities (i.e. having no alt parameter for <img> tags makes site browsing hard for people with visual disabilities)
- to let people in any country read your pages (don't forget to specify a default encoding for your pages)
- to respect web standards defined by the W3C
- to not rely on only one software/company (the software you used to create your pages/the company which sell you this software)
- and probably many other good reasons I forgot
Last update: 2002/10/31 00:02:34